top of page

Are you eligible for a Working Holiday Visa in Australia?

Embarking on a working holiday adventure is an exciting opportunity to explore a new country while gaining professional experience. Australia, with its breathtaking landscapes, vibrant cities, and thriving engineering industry, has become a popular destination for many aspiring civil engineers.

At CarmichaelUK, we will guide you through the process of moving from the UK to Australia on a 417 working holiday visa, specifically tailored for the Engineering Industry.

Understanding the 417 Working Holiday Visa:

The 417 working holiday visa is a temporary visa that allows individuals aged 18 to 30 (or 18 to 35 for some nationalities) to work and travel in Australia for up to 12 months. This visa provides a fantastic opportunity for civil engineers to gain hands-on experience in an international setting.

Visa Requirements:

To be eligible for a 417 working holiday visa, you must fulfill certain criteria, including:

  • 🎂 Age: You must be between 18 and 30 years old (or 18 and 35 for eligible nationalities)

  • 🌏 Nationality: You must hold a passport from an eligible country, which includes the UK

  • 🧑‍ Health and Character: You must meet health and character requirements

  • 💷 Funds: You should have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Australia

  • 💊 Health Insurance: It is recommended to have adequate health insurance coverage for the duration of your stay

  • 👪 No Dependents: You should not have any dependent children accompanying you

Are you interested in working in Australia? Download our working in Australia information pack here!

231 views0 comments


bottom of page