Environmental Advisor / Manager (Crossrail)
This position has already been filled!
Job Type: Environment & Geotechnical
Location: United Kingdom,City of London
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Contact: Katie Peachy
Contact telephone: 0208 522 8888
Date Placed on Website: 30 November 2011
Our client a major contractor that specialises in civil engineering and construction projects has recently been awarded a multi million £ project on the Crossrail scheme. They require an Environmental Advisor / Manager to join their team, based on the project in central London.
Environmental Management Diploma
Environmental Management Degree BSc or Environmental Science Degree MSc
Minimum 2 years relevant Construction experience and experience in environmental related noise and vibration issues (establishing s61s and monitoring).
Understanding of waste Management legislation.
CEEQUAL and/or BREEAM experience.
Rail project experience.
* Implement and maintain the established environmental management system;
* Ensure compliance with environmental legal and contractual requirements particularly waste management, noise and vibration (s61);
* Develop and provide environmental training for all personnel engaged on the design and construction of the works including:
tool-box talks, and
training for personnel with specific environmental responsibilities;
* Manage all environmental personnel, including specialists such as Noise & Vibration;
* Co-ordinate between the environmental specialists and the construction teams;
* Review and approve the environmental sections of construction method statements;
* Co-ordinate with other contractors regarding cumulative impacts on adjacent worksites and on the Site where the Employer or Others are working;
* Monitor and report on environmental objectives, targets and key performance indicators.
* Review proposed changes to the method, design or Works Information, to ensure that environmental impacts are not greater than the original design/ method and that mitigation measures are changed appropriately;
* Programme manage and prepare environmental consent applications (e.g. s61);
* Provide advice and instruction to construction teams to rapidly and effectively with Environmental Incidents and complaints;
* Support the Contractor's procurement personnel to ensure that procurement incorporates sustainability and Responsible Procurement Principles;
* Liaise with the Employer and Others, such as the local authorities, the Environment Agency, Natural England and English Heritage, as necessary and in conjunction with the Project Manager and client;
* Analyse individual Environmental Incidents and complaints to identify root causes, corrective and preventive actions needed, trends and strategic actions;
* Manage environmental monitoring including noise, vibration and dust, and the analysis of monitoring results and actions;
* Undertake audits of the Contractor and Subcontractors to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements;
* Produce reports and other information for and attend the senior management review;
* Take the role of CEEQUAL assessor for the project and work with the project team to ensure an excellent award;
* Develop, implement and update the Site Waste Management Plan, (SWMP) in accordance with the Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008.
* Identify good practice, understand the benefits and develop a business case to support the implementation of any innovation on the Project or throughout the rail sector through the rail sector SHE meeting.
For further information and a confidential discussion please get in touch today. Excellent salary and benefits on offer and not only that an opportunity to develop your career with a major contractor who has an extensive forward order book.