This position has already been filled!
Job Type: Civil & Road Construction
Location: United Kingdom,Surrey
Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum + Package
Contact: Katie Peachy
Contact telephone: 0208 522 8888
Date Placed on Website: 30 November 2011
Our client is one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors carrying out projects from around £0.5m to £90m for a wide range of public and private sector customers. Their involvement extends from feasibility through construction to maintenance and ranges from individual projects through to long term framework agreements.
They are looking for Senior Engineers to co-ordinate all technical and engineering aspects on various civil engineering contracts in the South East. Initially situated on a project in Essex a large junction improvement scheme and then a Service Station contract Surrey.
* Setting up initial survey controls for projects
* Use of Auto Cad setting out software and manipulate electronic setting out information and download to instruments
* Responsibility for developing, training and mentoring junior engineers in methods of 'setting out' and basic site engineering skills.
* Developing and improving setting out processes within the business
* Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents of the project
* Keeping accurate records and diaries
* Implementation of QA records associated with site engineer role
* Responsible for working within the BMS, HSQE, CSR guidelines and promote on all projects
* Monitoring actual material used against theoretical as a % and knows what % waste would be acceptable on major materials.
* Responsible for accurate material take off and requisition of materials associated with project.
* Highlight value engineering solutions and potential engineering risks to senior managers
* Educated to HND Civil Engineering or Degree standard
* Extensive civil engineering experience with a main contractor on large civil engineering projects
* Setting out of all aspects civils - roads, drainage, structures, piling, earthworks
* Track record of training and developing junior engineers
* Must be a good and clear communicator - verbal and written
* Enjoys problem solving
* Ensures deadlines are met for self and engineers under their supervision
* IT literate
* Able to motivate engineering team
* Able to travel within the South East region
For further information please contact Katie Peachey for a confidential discussion on 0208 522 8888 or send in your CV