Project Manager - Non Infrastructure Water
This position has already been filled!
Job Type: Water
Location: United Kingdom,Peterborough
Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + package
Contact: Katie Peachy
Contact telephone: 0208 522 8888
Date Placed on Website: 30 November 2011
Our client is part of the @one Alliance which is a collaborative organisation formed to deliver a large part of the Anglian Water AMP4 and AMP5 investment programmes. It comprises seven partners.
They require a Project Manager for Non Infrastructure projects to join there team in Peterborough.
* The delivery of projects in line with the client's Capital Delivery Index (CDI) and by outperforming the affordability challenge
* Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed, that it is kept up to date and the team have been adequately trained.
* Ensure that sustainability principles in design and construction are fully applied in the projects; work collaboratively with the Production Managers, the PADMs and their teams to implement outcomes in the sustainability areas whilst providing inputs and feedback on finding the best solutions to meet the Alliance CR&S targets - in particular areas of sustainability in design and construction, minimisation of the energy use and carbon emissions, waste materials reduction and the supply chain.
* Be accountable for the project delivery ensuring the utilisation and implementation of:
* The stage gate delivery process and working closely with the relevant stakeholders
* The Risk & Value principles, techniques and tools working closely with the Client Project Manager
* Lean techniques, to increase predictability and productivity whilst reducing waste
* The products in the Product Catalogue
* EPM to manage programme resources
* Be accountable for the expenditure, efficiency challenge and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation as per Governance.
* Be responsible for ensuring the change control and early warning process is followed.
* Agree the project resourcing approach with Programme Area Manager.
* Liaise with the customer and all other stakeholders to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions and ensure their views are passed on to the team. Ensure the achievement of high quality customer service and satisfaction.
* Manage project risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk.
* Lead the project team to deliver their responsibilities. Ensure team are focused to meet customer's requirements and project objectives - provide overall guidance and management to ensure project success. Ensure the team works in a structured and cohesive way.
* Ensure that design output is aligned with construction activity and vice versa. Incorporate products wherever possible and be open to innovative ideas and techniques.
* Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure the necessary reporting and information is delivered on time and to the required standard.
For further information on this role please call Katie Peachey for a confidential discussion.